Hormone pellet therapy, safe for women and men
Recent scientific research has proven that Hormone Pellet Therapy is one of the most effective treatments for alleviating post menopausal symptoms in both men and women and is known for its anti ageing effects as well. In fact, at the Annual Meeting of the Endocrine Society (ES) held recently, they concluded that women who start hormone therapy less than age 59 and continue this therapy have a very favorable health status.
During this study, they compared to women who did not start hormone therapy prior to age 59, those who did hormone therapy and continued the therapy. The researchers found that those women who did the hormone therapy had a 30% to 40% reduction in total mortality. In other words, they had around a third less chance of dying. They had a reduction of menopausal symptoms; i.e. the hormone treated women had a significant increase in quality of life.
The study showed that, compared to those not taking hormones, those women taking hormones experienced 10 fewer diagnoses of diabetes, 4 fewer cases of heart disease, 5 fewer bone fractures, and 2 fewer cases of colon cancer per 1,000 women. Moreover, there was no increased risk of developing breast cancer. These conclusions are similar to those of the North American Menopause Society (NAMS).
I have been a big advocate on women's health through hormone therapy for years. Initially, the WHI report in 2002 suggested the opposite, but their conclusions have now been reversed. People undergoing hormone therapy have also experienced positive changes in their life due to better health, more energy and sound sleep that often evades them at this point in their life. Losing weight, such as with the HCG diet has also proved helpful in this regard.
Once the hormone pellets are inserted under the epidermal layer in a fatty area, patients have also noticed that they have fewer mood swings, have better libido, and many experience enhanced sexual gratification when indulging in intercourse. Many doctors recommend combining estrogen with testosterone in these pellets for better results.
Bioidentical hormone pellets are nothing but tiny solid cylinders that are no bigger than a grain of rice that contain either estradiol or testosterone. These are inserted under the skin of a male or female who have been found to be deficient in these hormones through laboratory analysis of their blood. The pellets slowly secrete these hormones into the person's body to supplement the body to correct the hormonal imbalance. These hormones are approved by the FDA for the treatment of postmenopausal symptoms but we use them for even more reasons to help improve the quality of life of women through many pathways.
The administration of bioidentical hormones is a method that attempts to imitate your normal hormonal levels when you were younger, or also called optimal levels of hormones. Many women and men want to feel younger, have more energy, feel more sexual and have improved libido. All these goals can be achieved when hormone levels are adjusted to these "younger" levels. After all, you can't expect to feel younger without the hormones you had when you were younger.
Advantages of Hormone Pellet Therapy
There are several advantages of hormone pellet therapy over other treatments used to correct hormonal imbalances. They include:
- The pellets are inserted once every 3 months as opposed to synthetic hormone replacement therapies that requires daily oral pill or topical cream application.
- Most patients have relief of hot flashes within 24 hours; however, the most beneficial noticeable effects are noted in less than two weeks after insertion.
- Effects from pellet therapy usually include an increase in energy level, enhanced feeling of well being, and an increase in libido (or sexual drive). Some women even admit to enhanced orgasm too.
- Pellets are bioidentical hormones. In other words, they are the same identical hormones produced by your genital organs (ovaries and testes). Their dose is titrated according to your individual needs.
- Pellet therapy does not require patients to take pills or to apply topical medicines every day, which are necessary parts of conventional hormone therapy. Pellet therapy is thus much more convenient since they are only inserted every three months.
- Pellet therapy may be less expensive than compounded creams, depending on the amounts needed. Once you add up the costs of three prescriptions of compounded hormone therapy, the cost of pellets may definitely be less.
- Administrations of the hormone estradiol through routes other than by the oral route have been shown to decrease the risks of strokes from hormone therapy. Insertion of pellets in fatty tissue area thus decreases this risk of blood clots that may be present with oral administration of hormone replacement therapies.
- Oral hormone therapies must pass through the liver before they can be used by your body. This may result in less effectiveness of the hormones and may interfere with other metabolic changes, such your lipid or fat metabolism.
- Pellet therapy has also been shown to provide faster relief from menopausal headaches, hot flashes and anxiety.
If you are feeling tired, have less libido, are gaining weight inconsistent with your eating habits, are noticing a reduced muscle mass, you may be a candidate for hormone pellet therapy. Whether you are female or male, everyone could benefit from these hormones. Call us at 817-399-8783, the True Aesthetics Center, to see if these can be the answer to your problems.