Urinary Incontinence Dallas
Do you suffer from loss of urine when you cough or sneeze? Are you embarrassed by this leakage when you exercise, jump or run? If so, you are not alone. Thousands of women suffer from this problem which is especially a concern after child birth. The stretching of the vagina during childbirth can loosen the support of the bladder, thus resulting in this inability to hold your urine when you want.
Urinary incontinence is a very common condition, occurring in one out of four women after the age of forty. You don’t have to suffer from this because it usually can be successfully treated and possibly cured in most cases. We have many options available to patients including medications, surgery, behavioral changes, and exercises. Only a thorough evaluation will tell us which would be best for you. If surgery is required, a quick 15 minute outpatient procedure can usually take care of the problem.
Are you a candidate of these? Take the quiz.
- Do you lose urine when you cough, sneeze, laugh, lift, jump or run?
- Do you have to hurry to the bathroom to empty your bladder when it’s full?
- Do you frequently experience a sudden and immediate urge to urinate?
- Do you find it necessary to use some kind of protection, i.e. pads, panty liners, or diapers?
- Do you wake more than twice per night to use the toilet?
- Do you search for bathrooms when planning trips, outings or events?
If you answered yes to most of these questions, we can help give you a better quality of life. Dr. Robert True provides urinary incontinence procedures for women in the Dallas Fort Worth Metroplex area of Dallas. Located next to Southlake in Colleyville, his office is conveniently located in the MidCities area next to DFW airport. For an appointment to get this problem evaluated and treated, call us at 817-399-8783.